Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTRIAD THEATRE

Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Empty
PostSubject: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:27 pm

So, I went ahead and wrote the script for Ep. 1. Unfortunately it was almost devoid of any action but I think its still looking good. Read and tell me what you think.

Project Turing: Episode 1 – Defining The Problem

Scene 1:
Opens up with sweeping panorama of Standoff and stops when Cap comes into view. The camera follows him as he walks off the ledge and onto the top of the base. Similarly, on the other base Killer is already on top and looking across. Using binoculars they spot each other from across the map. With a scream of excitement (Yes!, Fuck Yes!, you!, ect.) Killer jumps off the base, grabs the shotgun, jumps in the hog and is speeding across the map at Cap. Cap, without saying anything, retreats and drops down the back entrance of the base. He grabs the battle rifle and heads inside. Killer arrives, and not knowing where he is, jumps on top of the base with his shotgun and is looking around.

Scene 2:
Radio spawns in the bottom of the base where Killer is just like at the end of the last episode. He walks out front, looks around and spots killer running around on top of the base. Radio instinctively crouches and sneaks into a corner where he observes Killer getting into the hog and driving off. When the hog is gone, he stands back up and sneaks out front of the base where he can see what his going on. Little does know that Rogue has been sneaking around the whole time and is creeping around the big rock on the left side of the base near the invisibility. Radio manages to walk around the corner and bump right into Rogue. They both turn and run around opposite sides of the rock while screaming. They continue to converse from opposite sides of the rock:
Radio: Ahhhhh!!! Don’t shoot me! I swear I didn’t do a damn thing just leave me alone.*
Rogue: Fuuuccckk!!!! Just leave me alone. I don’t want to fight you. Just don’t shoot me.*
Radio: Wait, wait, wait, you don’t want to kill me?
Rogue: No, and I don’t want to you to kill me either. So go away. Go kill somebody else.
Radio: I don’t want to kill you. What makes you think that I do? And why don’t you want to kill me? Everbody else does.
Rogue: I have no reason to kill you at all and I’m not everybody else. Everybody I’ve seen has tried to kill me. What makes you any different?
Radio: The same thing that makes you not want to kill me? Why the hell should I? It doesn’t help me any?
Rogue: Then why did you point your gun at me?
Radio: Why did you point your gun at me?
Rogue: You scared me.
Radio: Well you scared me a lot more. Why were you hiding over there anyway?
Rogue: I was avoiding the brown guy, and the guy in the Hog. Why were you creeping around behind that rock?
Radio: I was trying to see what the red guy was up to.
Rogue: Red guy?
Radio: The guy in the Hog.
Rogue: Can you tell me what is going on here? I just woke up and all this crazy stuff is going on and people are trying to kill me. I mean, where am I and what is going on here?
Radio: I was about to ask you the same question.

Scene 3:
Cuts to Killer standing on top of the base looking around for Cap. Killer stands on top of the grate by the back entrance to the base and is teasing Cap who is crouching just below him:
Killer: Come out, come out wherever you are. I’ve got a surprise for youooooo….
Cap: Go away. If you don’t I’m going to kill you.
Killer: Kill me? I think you’ve got it backwards. I’m going to be the one that kills you shit-for-brains. Why don’t yoU COME OUT OF HIDING!!!

*Killer drops down and starts chasing Cap around the inside of the base. Killer keeps trying to shoot Cap with his shotgun but he is always just barely out of range or just too far away to do enough damage. Cap runs back toward the second back exit where the mongoose is and throws a sticky grenade at Killer. It barely misses. Killer teases him by screaming “You can’t throw for shit.” Cap exits the back of the base by the mongoose and throws a sticky just as Killer is turning the corner. The grenade is perfect and is flying right at his face. [I want to get a first person or over the shoulder scene where the grenade is just going right at his face.] Then all of sudden a green crate comes out of the sky and slams down over the exit. It blocks the grenade and separates the two from each other. From the other side Killer is screaming and cursing. He is shooting the green crate unceasingly. Cap looks up and sees Prometheus floating above the entrance. It was him who dropped the crate.
Prometheus: STOP THE FIGHTING IMMEDIATELY
*Cap freezes and looks up; Killer stops shooting. Prometheus slowly lifts up the crate.*
Prometheus: Subject 001 don’t movie. Subject 004 lower your weapons and stop attacking Subject 001. Subject 004 do not attempt to attack Subject 001 again or will be punished. Subject 001 you are to in turn not attack subject Subject 004. Both of you, walk to the front of the base by the Warthogs and wait there.
Cap: Why should I listen to you?
Prometheus: Because I have your best interests in mind even if you don’t believe me. And because if you don’t I’ll punish you.
Killer: What are you going to use your magic on us again?
Prometheus: Much worse. Now get moving.

Scene 4:
Radio and Rogue are still talking…
Radio: Why do you so look so different than me. I’ve never seen any of the others like you before.
Rogue: I don’t know. I haven’t seen anyone like me either. Maybe I’m special.
Radio: Maybe you’re just weird.

*Hermes arrives and starts giving orders.*
Hermes: Subjects 002 and 003 stop talking immediately.
Rogue: Why should I?
Hermes: Because I told you to.
Rouge: I've got a better idea. How about you smoke my pole.

*shot of a Spartan laser coming in from off screen barely missing Rogue*
Hermes: If you disobey I will destroy both of you.
*They both try to run*
Hermes: Run and you shall be destroyed.
*They both freeze and turn around*
Radio: What do you want?
Hermes: I want you to follow me. Come on, this way now, and do anything unless I tell you to.

Scene 5:
Cap and Killer are standing by the hogs in front of the base, with Prometheus floating above their heads.
Prometheus: Two others will be joining you soon. Do not shoot them. They are your allies.
Killer + Cap: Allies?
*Hermes, Radio, and Rogue show up*
Hermes: Are you ready.
Prometheus: Yes. *Turns the AIs* I have a message for you:
Prometheus playing the message in a female voice: Subjects 001, 002, 003, and 004. You have been activated as part of a test. You are being tested on your ability to work together to achieve certain goals. Your only job is to pass every test given to you. Your actions or abilities will not be limited in any way. Do whatever is necessary to win and you will be rewarded. The two monitors you see are Hermes and Prometheus. They are here to observe you and occasionally to advise you. They will not help you in any way during a test. Good luck.
Prometheus (regular voice): Your first test will be against four low level enemies in a game of Team Slayer on a random map. You have three minutes to get to know each other and prepare.

*Prometheus and Hermes float away*

Scene 6:
The four AIs are just standing on the ground starring at each other. Killer breaks the silence:
Killer: Why is this blue guy so different from us? I think he’s a spy. Lets kill him.
Rogue: FUCK YOU MAN!!! I’m not a spy. I didn’t ask to look different from the rest of you. It just happened.
Radio: He is different from us.
Rogue: You too? What the fuck is with you people.
Cap: Shut up! Different or not we are going to need him. If he is a spy we’ll find out soon and kill him then.
Killer: Who the fuck made you boss?
Cap: I made me boss.
Killer: I’m going to lead this team to victory, not you.
Cap: You’re too aggressive to lead this team anywhere except into grave. Do you remember what just happened two minutes ago? You would be dead right now if it wasn’t for those floating thing.
Killer:…
Radio: We need names. Subjects 001 and 00-whatever just won’t cut it. I want to be Snake!
Rogue: That’s a gay name.
Radio: Fuck you! You look like a snake.
Cap: Can it. Green guy, you’re Radio because you have a radio on your back. Red guy, you’re going to be Killer because that seems to be all that you ever want to do. Blue monster-thing, you’re going to Rogue because you’re not part of the group.
Rogue: Why the hell not?
Cap: Because we don’t know what you are yet. You’ll be on your own.
Killer: *sarcastically* Aye Aye Captian!!! While you’re at why don’t you name everything else too. You can’t pick out names for us.
Radio: Hahahhahaha, “Captain”. This guy acts like he’s so much better than us. You should be Captain.
Cap: I’ll let you call me “Captain” if you want to.
Rogue: No, you can’t pick out names for us. And you get a good name too, what the hell?
Killer: Yeah, I want my name to be “God”!....

Scene 7:
Cuts to the monitors floating around way above them.
Hermes: I don’t like this.
Prometheus: I know, but we did it your way with the last group and look what happened to them.
Hermes: I still don’t like your idea. I’m sending a report to the project admin for approval.
Prometheus: Do what you want. For now lets tell them where they are going next.
Hermes: Agreed.

*They float down and hover above the four AIs who are still arguing. The AIs stop arguing and look up at them*
Hermes: I hope you are prepared. In 10 seconds you will be spawning on Valhalla. The information you need will be uploaded to you at the spawn. Do not fail or you will be deleted.
Radio: DELETED???

*They all disappear*

Last edited by DRIFT0R on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 pm

very well put.
i like it
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 pm

wow this one looks longer than episode 0, but then again its just dialogue.
for this episode i think you should actually use the voice people for filming, not just voices, so it will be easier to put audio with the video
Back to top Go down
http://worldoftheftscape.co.nr/
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:12 pm

Definately. It will be a bit hard, but I plan to get everybody in a room, get them to load up the script and run over it a time or two or three while acting everything out. Then act everything out, then I will do a few special shots with just one or two people. I also think this needs very light background music.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm

am i still going to be the same character?
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 pm

of course because you already did the voice, it would just be weird and cheesy if the voice changed. and yeah i think it be better if the music was a little quieter
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm

I agree, this one doesn't need to be nearly as musical.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:40 pm

yeah same here
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:36 pm

you think we could do that this weekend? or next weekend?
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I've already got about 60% of the necessary video saved on my Xbox hard drive. I haven't even started on the voices yet. This weekend won't be a good time for me except maybe Sunday or super late at night on the other nights. If we can get the audio this weekend, I can probably manage the rest. Also, I would like to have Cookie or Roy record the audio so I don't have to layer my own voice on top.

Also, this may be a dick move, but I'm thinking about reworking this episode. It seems have to just the right amount of dialogue but lacks enough action. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:20 pm

well i say leave it the way it is and have it start out slow then make it jump real quick with a lot of drama and action.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 pm

wait you've already got most of the video? i was thinking do the video with the people who are doing the audio
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

I have some of the film already. What I'm missing is just about every scene with the monitors and some in between shots. I have none of the audio.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:13 pm

hmmm ok
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:20 pm

So far so good here. I'm about 1/3 done with this one. I've got all the raw films, some final cuts, and about half of the audio.

Here is a test scene that I put together (18MB): http://www.filedropper.com/e01-scene3-test1
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:08 pm

it was good but 2 things

1. the camera angle you did that was locked on radio... ehh i wasnt really "enthused" by it

2. the last line i did was a bit iffy.
i was breaking up a bit.
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:20 pm

I know, thats why its a just a test. I do want to redo that last line. I can do it without the camera that locks onto Radio but that locked on version looked a lot better. I might still play around with it some more.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_Fingas
He of Many Fingas
He of Many Fingas
Jimmy_Fingas

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:27 am

Bada da da da
im loving it
Back to top Go down
https://triad-production.darkbb.com
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:42 pm

ok cool i'll be on msn if u need recording
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:23 pm

not to be an asshole or anything, but it sounded like burrito was reading the whole thing and his emotion was...plain?
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 pm

It does compared to Jimmy. Jimmy's voice is like fucking perfect for his role. I always ask Burrito to deepen or alter his voice and sometimes it doesn't work out right. A few lines might need to be redone.

Lines that might need redoing:

B - "I have no reason to kill you at all..."
J - "The guy in the hog."
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:07 pm

hey i can be on thursday and friday so just tell me when you need voice
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

haha if you look at it, driftor posted "BJ"
and nightfire

YOURE SUCH A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!!!!
jk
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 pm

but it sounded like you were reading the whole thing, it was all basically monotone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)   Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Turing Ep 1 Script (1st Draft)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next