Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTRIAD THEATRE

Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 pm

This is a rather big suggestion coming from somebody so new, but after class today I decided to put some basic math skills to use and see if I could find a way to increase viewers. So basically, I just looked at the Triad videos that were already up. I checked out their tags and descriptions. Most people find these videos by searching, tags are our keywords but it also searches the description too. (I know I sound condescending but just bear with me.)

Do I decided to see what people were searching for using Google's total results and Google Trends which monitors search volume. For the more popular searches the amount of results was directly proportional to the amount of searches. The less popular it became the less likely that I would find a proportionality. Here the list that I compiled:

term results (in millions) relative search rank
halo 111 1
halo 3 42.2 2
halo 2 20.5 3
red vs. blue 6.36 4
masterchief 12.5 5
halo video 3.02 6
halo videos 1.28 7
halo vids 4.11 8
halo funny 11.2 9
horse penis 0.82 10
digitalph33r 0.252 11
halo 3 funny 3.2 12
halo montage 0.369 13
halo machinima 0.414 14
halo funny videos 0.88 15
halo 3 montage 1.13 16
*note that Google treats "halo3" as "Halo 3"

Using the give data it would make sense that after we add the tags with our name and the title, the next logical thing to do would be to add the more popular and most relevant tags. Obviously some of them are inapplicable but we could make a table like this, perhaps a more accurate one, and use it get our videos tagged with the most searched terms. It would also help to drop these key words and other into the description blank on YouTube since that is also searched. We should put as many tags as possible on each video. They can't hurt.

Comparing "Triad Pride © 1 v 1 Halo3 Black angle 007 Read description" to "halo 3 Random funny stuff 6" is a good example of this. Both videos of are similar quality and each target an audience of similar size. But why is one of them fifteen times more successul than the other? Its all in the tags. "halo 3 Random funny stuff 6" uses several of the more popular tags in the description and "Triad Pride © 1 v 1 Halo3 Black angle 007 Read description" is woefully missing several of the better tags. Its no wonder that the one out performs the other. However, if you look closely, neither of them used all the tags or too much of the description text. That means that neither of them were allowed to live up to their full potential in terms of viewers.

There are another few tips that I know about YouTube. In general, shorter is better, funny is more popular than serisous, and a good pic for the video helps too.

So after much blabbing, here are my simple suggestions:
1)Tag videos with the most popular and relevant tags
2)Use all tags available, and fully use info box
3)Have a title with at least one popular term
4)Capital letters and grammar help (seriously)

Here are some more complicated suggestions:
1)When the video is released, have all clan members rate it 5 stars, view it at least once, and comment on it. All of these increase Google's search rank and relevance. Not to mention that it will be more likely to be bumped to the top of the daily and weekly charts.
2)Create a parallel account on https://www.dailymotion.com/us
3)Create a parallel on http://www.wegame.com/
4)Cross link accounts

Whew, thats about it for now. I hope that I was able to say all of that without sounding like a pompous asshole.
Back to top Go down
Royspencer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Royspencer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:24 am

If I give you my accout and pass are you willing to replace the tags and some of the descriptions?
Back to top Go down
http://Triadproduction.co.nr
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:47 am

Yeah, I'll do that if you want me to.
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:04 pm

I also found that there is a significant amount of search volume for "halo 4". I might be a bitch and use that a bit. I'm not sure which will work better but I think I'm going to change a few of these to the gaming category on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Whew, I retagged and slightly edited the first 15 or so. All I did was correct any spelling or grammatical errors and dump in as many key words as I could. I don't really think its practical to retag all the really old videos though. I also changed one or two of the video pictures. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:47 pm

wow u went balls out on this.
nice job.
oh and I dont wanna be a bitch but just to remind you, dont double post or in your case triple post. lol
if you can just edit it if it hasnt relly been too long since its been up.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm

...wow
you're very for cereal with this, man
noice
Back to top Go down
http://worldoftheftscape.co.nr/
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:50 pm

i like cereal.
can i have some reeses puffs plzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Sorry about the multiple posting. It felt like it had been longer after I was done making the changes on YouTube. Phase 2 requires the whole clan to watch, rate, and comment to increase its popularity.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:07 pm

okkey dokkey.
and its cool about the multiple posting... kinda.
i dont even know why theres a rule for it anyway.
Back to top Go down
BlackWaterSurge
Strike Commander
Strike Commander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 am

Way to make An IMPACT, You'll be staff in no Time With This Attitude....and please Explain Your First Post Again...But This time Use Colorful Puppetz(they make me Smile)
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:17 am

Do what I suggested, and there is a good chance that our fan base will go from this:
Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Silly%20Puppets%20Starter%20Set

to this:
Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Sunny%20finger%20puppets
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:31 pm

lol, most of our video views is from our whole clan watching like bijillion times and then the rest are random ppls, but yah you will be staff in no time, but since we are making ranks more strict it may take longer for you than it took for us and others
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:33 pm

i like teh puppetz
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm

How in the world do I get promoted anyway?
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

i guess just by helping us out with good ideas and suggestions.
for now at least.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

actually i think i will make a new page on that and i'll take care of it, but of course i'll ask roy first.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 pm

tru dat dawg.
lol
Back to top Go down
BlackWaterSurge
Strike Commander
Strike Commander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:18 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUPPETZEZ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:19 pm

I did all of this but I forgot the main thing. I feel like such a dumbass. The #1 thing the affects display rank, is title. The other things help but the title is about 50% of it. I feel like such a dumb shit now.
Back to top Go down
BlackWaterSurge
Strike Commander
Strike Commander

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:29 pm

YOU DID MORE THAN SOME OF THE CO-OVERLORDS HAVE, RELAX

and buyz us booze already(I act Better whenz I'm Drunk, Like Clint Eastwood)
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:33 pm

lol its ok everyone has their moments
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Clint Eastwood? Doesn't he just kill people all day?
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:13 pm

idk
black?...
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Egad!!! Another good idea. Does anyone here have Stumble Upon for Firefox? We could mass stumble the videos. That would generate long tail traffic for a long time to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...   Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions in video tagging to increase viewers...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next