Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTRIAD THEATRE

Epic Film Script (sort of)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

Epic Film Script (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 am

Ok, maybe this is more like a rough outline but here goes:

Character Types:

Humans – this would be us, in our house, playing games mostly. We play the role of a confused observer and later take different stances toward the AIs modeled on us.

Boogymen – The guys who control everything from behind the scenes. They are the administrators and engineers for this project. They usually fill the role of the bad guys.

Spartans – AIs developed from massive amounts of Halo 3 gameplay data. Essentially M$ input a shitload information along with some very complicated algorithms to try to emulate human logic and intelligence. To help individualization, they are modeled more closely after several real players.

Elites – Only one elite. He is the AI modeled after a rouge.

Monitors – Two AIs set up to monitor the activities of the Spartans and Elites 24/7. They are also being studied themselves but they don’t know it. They are being tested to see how and AI handles responsibility and authority.

Characters:

Prometheus – Monitoring AI, looks like a monitor in forge, equal in intelligence to the Spartans and Elites, sympathetic to their problems, performs his duties begrudgingly, blue color, name was chosen because is the Titan who gave fire (intelligence) to mankind

Hermes – Monitoring AI, very similar to Prometheus, red color, almost completely subservient to M$, gets slight enjoyment from how well or how precisely he can follow orders, does not get along well with Prometheus, name was chosen because is a loyal servant of the higher gods

Rouge – The single elite character. He is an Elite with an Assault helmet, Ascetic shoulders, and a Commando chest, all colors are darker shades of blue. Since he is different from the other AIs he is not well trusted. . His name is taken because he is often forced to act solo. He is rather capable on his own though. His human counterpart is a misunderstood counterculture kind of guy. Voice should sound clam, but mildly irritated all the time.

Killer – Spartan. Named for what he is best at. He is the most aggressive and violent Spartan. He is also probably the most skilled. Wears a Hyabusa helmet and shoulderpads with an EVA chestpiece. The main color is red, and the secondary color is white. He is the main antagonist from within the group of combat AIs. He is the most likely to betray his comrades for personal gains. His human counterpart is very ill tempered and aggressive person.

Radio – Spartan. Brains of the operation. Named for the small radio antenna on his back. Smartest of the group and most averse to combat. Its not that he is unskilled, just that he is not interested in getting killed, therefore takes the least amount of risk possible. Wears Security helmet, Scout shoulderpads, Mark VI chestpiece. Primary color is yellow-green, secondary color is black or steel. Usually the voice of reason, also first to uncover most mysteries. Very cynical. Human counterpart is young genius.

Cap – Captain. De facto leader of the group. Armor (my armor ha!) is a Mark V helmet, and EVA sholderpads and chestpiece. Primary color is tan, secondary color is Best all around soldier and most resilient. Rather stubborn. Refuses to lose. Only motivation is to keep winning the challenges set before them. Doesn’t say a whole lot and not easily excitable. Human counterpart is a pro MLG player with an attitude problem.

Basic Plot:

Microsoft is testing out its new AI on the Halo 3 battlefield. Each of the four AIs is being individualized by making them more akin to certain type of player. When the AIs are activated, they have no idea what is going on. They wake up in a world that makes no sense and is inherently violent. Like it or not they have to band together to survive the increasingly difficult challenges that are being set before them. They can only work within the game world and only have a limited understanding of human beings. The two monitor AIs babysit them and record all relevant data. The monitor AIs are also being tested on how AIs handle morality, responsibility, and power. As the series progresses Prometheus is increasingly sympathetic to the causes of those he oversees whereas Hermes develops into an overzealous servant.

Idea Bin:

Killer slowly deteriorates into a monstrous killing machine over time. He is an unstable AI.

I planned on this being a rather confusing and existential kind of mystery series with sporadic violence to keep things interesting. The music should also be a bit disturbing, something along line of Mad World.

The Boogymen could do prologues or epilogues to each episode in the form of text files or short conversations. They more or less comment on an episode from untrustworthy narrator point of view.

I would like to see a decent amount of interaction between the humans and the Spartans they have modeled after them. Those scenes could be captured with regular digital cameras and needn’t be too complicated. More or less us actually have to act instead of voice acting.

I imagined this as being short and episodic. I think it would work better in five to eight episodes of a length no longer than six minutes.

Images coming soon...

Last edited by DRIFT0R on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:33 am

Rouge:
Epic Film Script (sort of) Rouge10

Killer:
Epic Film Script (sort of) Killer10

Radio:
Epic Film Script (sort of) Radio10

Cap:
Epic Film Script (sort of) Cap10

I know these images are garbage, but with XBL down I can't upload anything today. I have to make do with my capture card.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:10 pm

very very nice, i'm a little confused on it thought so let me take a guess at this
so this story is about AIs that is suppose to based off of Bungie's statement that there will be AIs in forge (but there aren't). and we follow these AIs in their struggle against the human players, yes? that's pretty cool, but i don't think a lot of machinima watchers will understand, but we should do it anyways.

oh and isn't rouge suppose to have ascetic shoulders?
Back to top Go down
http://worldoftheftscape.co.nr/
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah, but I haven't unlocked the Ascetic shoulders. I had to make do.

Its more like this, Microsoft loses about about 1/2 - 1 billion dollars on Xbox's every cycle. What if thier true motive was to gather enough data to create an AI capable of at least equalling human intelligence? The story takes place mostly from the point of view from the 4 AIs that are activated in the Halo 3 world for testing. They don't even know they are AIs and have a hard time figuring out what is going on. M$ keeps testing them with more difficult enemies to test out how smart they are and if they can work together and the other humans in the game. Things start to get crazy when regular players (i.e. us), realize they are having AIs modeled after thier behavior. The two monitors are more like psuedo-admin AIs that are overseeing the project and themselves being tested. I see it as being vaguely mysterious and moderately violent. It shouldn't be terribly hard because the number of actors is relatively low.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_Fingas
He of Many Fingas
He of Many Fingas
Jimmy_Fingas

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
https://triad-production.darkbb.com
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:54 pm

dude i cant wait
i want to be either cap or killer
but not be an ass but i was wondering if we could use our own armor permutations for whatever character we are.
as long as you approve of it though
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:59 pm

I would have to look at your armor permutations though. I chose those ones for specific reasons. The armor and colors represent a part of that persons personality. I mean the bad guy is red and has the most aggressive armor; the smart guy has the radio and the nerdy armor ect. The colors are also chosen to be distinct.

Also we need live action scenes of us too.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:05 pm

oh ok i see well i mean i could render my armor to make it look kinda like something that would work for that character
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 pm

ooh ooh ooh can i be killer since i'm already red???
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm

I thought about it and to be honest I don't want to play around with the armor settings too much. I think the characters look rather distinct as is.
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 pm

ok
but i still wanna be cap or killer
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 pm

i call killer! wouldn't cap be driftor? since it is his armor variant
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:49 pm

well it could be anyone
we'd just have to change our armor for the film
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 pm

I don't know what character I want to be. I know that I probably could pitch my voice to be any of them. I also know that in the real life scenes I will probably have to Cap or Killers counterparts. I recently shaved my head so I now look much more military / aggressive.

That is another thing to think about. This requires us to be on camera as well, who should be who's counterparts?
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 pm

as in who should be what character?
well if nightfire wants to be killer then if its ok then i'll be cap
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 pm

Fine by me. I'll be Rouge then. I could also be Radio if need be. Their voices are different enough. Any takers on the other two?
Back to top Go down
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:00 pm

question
why have the "penis" head for the elite?
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 pm

It looked better than the pointy head or the dual spiked head. We can play around with that a bit to see if there is anything that looks better.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:53 pm

hey can i use security shoulders instead of hayabusa? or no?
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Nightfire33 wrote:

That would be a negative.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy_Fingas
He of Many Fingas
He of Many Fingas
Jimmy_Fingas

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Driftor Pm me your aim so i can send you the clips
Back to top Go down
https://triad-production.darkbb.com
AmericanBurrito
GOD!!!
AmericanBurrito

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 pm

DRIFT0R wrote:
Nightfire33 wrote:

That would be a negative.

lol
ok well im fine with cap's armor permutations if i play him
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:51 pm

k cool have you like written everything down what you want people to say? if you have then could you send me the script of killer through email, my email is crazyazian33@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
DRIFT0R
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3
DRIFT0R

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:02 am

Nightfire33 wrote:
k cool have you like written everything down what you want people to say? if you have then could you send me the script of killer through email, my email is crazyazian33@hotmail.com

The script is in the thread "Actual Film Script". Since its Episode 1 its most action and not a lot of voice acting. From my initial film sample I can tell that I'm going to need more than what is in that script but not a lot more. I also need a good song. Something more serious sounding.
Back to top Go down
Nightfire33
5 Star General
5 Star General
Nightfire33

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:50 pm

actually since you're very very serious on this, i think i could do radio instead of killer, because i don't sound like a very violent person, and i can be a smartass sometimes

Last edited by Nightfire33 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epic Film Script (sort of)   Epic Film Script (sort of) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Film Script (sort of)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next